Welcome to Monteney Nursery
A very warm welcome to Monteney Nursery, we feel privileged that you have chosen our nursery for your child.
As a parent, your child’s well-being is paramount – and it is equally important to us. At Monteney Nursery, we endeavour to provide a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment that enables children to thrive as they learn through their play.
Take a look at our information video here.
Meet the Team:
Class Teacher & Key Person - Mrs Ardron
Teaching Assistant & Key Person - Miss Potter
Speech & Language Teaching Assistant - Mrs Thornley
Our Nursery Offer
In our Nursery class, we now offer both 15 hour and 30 hour funded and paid places. We also offer wrap around care both before and after school.
Children can join our Nursery from the term following their 3rd birthday.
All children over the age of 3 are entitled to 15 hours of childcare (known as the Universal Offer). In addition, some families may be entitled to an additional 15 hours (known as the Extended Offer), providing they meet the Government's eligibility criteria.
Our Nursery Curriculum
In Nursery, we follow the Statutory Framework (EYFS),
This sets out all of the standards an Early Years Provider must follow.
The Early Years Curriculum is split into three Prime areas -
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
In Autumn Term, we focus heavily on the Prime areas of learning. These are the fundamentals of a child’s early education and they are particularly important for building a foundation for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, forming relationships and thriving.
We also support and teach children the specific areas of the EYFS, these are
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
- Label everything: Jumpers, coats, shoes, lunch bags and boxes! Children in Nursery often lose things and it really helps if things are labeled.
- Practice taking shoes and socks off every day – We spend a lot of time doing this at Nursery so the more independent your child can be, the better!
- Bring a pair of (labelled!) wellies to keep at Nursery.
- Bring a water bottle to Nursery every day. Please ensure it contains water only.
- Bring a coat suitable for the time of year/ weather conditions as we play outside every day, whatever the weather!
Monteney Nursery offers high quality care and education for children aged 3 & 4. Children are eligible for a place within nursery the term after their 3rd birthday. We have three main intakes per year - the start of the Autumn Term in September, the Spring Term in January and the Summer Term in April. If you are unsure when your child would be eligible to start, please do make contact with the school office who will be happy to help on 0114 2467916 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
|FS1 Autumn home learning grid 2022.pdf||Download|