Monteney Primary School Governors in consultation with parents have established a dress code for all children attending the school. At Monteney, we are very proud of our school uniform. We believe it enables us to promote a sense of pride in the school, engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school, is practical and smart, identifies the children with the school and makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance.
You as parents also tell us that you like your children to wear school uniform and welcome having a clear understanding of what your children are expected to wear for school. In light of this we have produced these clear guidelines for you about school uniform and PE kit, to enable your children to be ready for school and ready for learning at Monteney.
As a school, we undertake regular uniform spot checks in line with the uniform outlined in this leaflet. If your child is not in full school uniform or ready for learning, we will contact you to discuss the matter. Please help us to keep up the high standards we expect for our children.
Uniform can be plain or include the school logo. The school has a Uniform Swap Shop which makes pre-loved uniform available to families for free or a voluntary donation.
School uniform with the school logo can be purchased by following the below links. Please note there is no requirement for uniform to have the school logo on.
Our school uniform consists of:
- Royal blue or white polo shirt - with or without the school logo (required)
- A royal blue jumper, cardigan or fleece with or without school logo (required)
- Black or grey trousers including jogging bottoms, shorts or skirt (required). Dark jeans are also permitted
- Checked summer dresses (optional)
Children must wear footwear that is mainly black.
They can choose from:
- Formal black shoes
- Black boots
- Black trainers
Children must not wear flip flops, croc style shoes, sandals or brightly coloured or white trainers or high heels.
Each week children take part in at least 2 PE lessons. In order to fully engage with these they need a PE kit in school.
Our school PE kit includes:
- Black PE shorts (required)
- White t-shirt - with or without the school logo (required)
- Black PE pumps or trainers (required)
- A plain tracksuit to wear outdoors in colder weather (optional)
- No temporary tattoos in school.
- No jewellery other than a small pair of stud earrings and a watch.
- Make up and/or coloured nail polish should not be worn.